LIVE Trainings delayed until 2021 due to COVID.
Click here for information on the VIRTUAL Workshops- Next introductory trainings are Jan 14th, February 25th, 2021, intermediate trainings January 28th and March 11th, 2021, and Advanced Virtual Trainings are February 11th and April 1st, 2021.
Scroll down to bottom of page for payment.
Do you have clients who can’t seem to make a positive change in their lives and are stuck in the same story?
- Do you feel like you’re experiencing the same conversation with your client each time you see them?
- Would you like to be able to have a different conversation with them that navigates towards change?
How do you move the conversation forward out of “discord” and “sustain-talk” and move your clients towards “change talk”?
Although ambivalence for behavior change is normal and a person can remain stuck in this cycle for years, one Motivational Interviewing conversation can create a shift in perspective and movement towards that desired change.
In these workshops you will learn how to:
- Evoke motivation with clients who are ambivalent with change.
- Identify the back story of what the client may not be telling you.
- Differentiate and practice simple and complex reflections.
- Practice skills to elicit, recognize and reinforce “change talk.”
- Recognize and identity MI skills through role play.
- Advance in all MI skills with focus on reducing client resistance to changing behavior.
- Practice using advanced skills and demonstration or OARS with feedback.
- Code video and audio tapes for OARS, collaboration, partnership, change talk (advanced)
- Observe demonstrations of MI techniques.
Intermediate/Advanced Workshops will also include:
- Recognizing and reflecting DARN (Desire, Ability, Reason, Need) statements through exercises to increase “change talk” in your clients.
- Introduction to the MI coding system called the MITI 4.2.1 which shows levels of collaboration, partnership, empathy and change talk during conversations with clients to increase awareness of MI language.
- Watching video or hearing audio tapes and coding for OARS (open-questions, affirmations, reflections, summaries).
This workshop is geared towards professionals working alongside clients with goals of health-related behavior change: physicians, nurses, health educators care managers, dietitians, social workers, counselors, psychologists, dentists, dental hygienists, life coaches, mediators, clergy, probation/corrections officers, school counselors, teachers, personal trainers, etc.
What’s included in registration:
- 14 Hours of training
- Resource materials
- Snack and Beverages
**Please know I do not offer CEU’s for training, except for Registered Dietitians (17 hours for in person trainings and 4 hours for virtual trainings)
Schedule for 2-day training: 9am-4pm both days
Schedule for Virtuals – 9 am – 1 pm PST, all $155
Virtual Introductory Training – January 14th and February 25th, 2021
Virtual Intermediate Trainings -January 28th and March 11th, 2021
Virtual Advanced Trainings – February 11th and April 1st, 2021
2 Trainings – $285
3 Trainings – $395
When paying specificy which trainings you want to attend if 2 or 3.
LIVE Trainings delayed till 2021 due to COVID.