Tiger nut flour is the new kid on the block. It has vast benefits including being a stand alone flour – meaning you can substitute it for regular flour in a 1:1 ratio. Because it is naturally a little sweet you can also reduce the amount of sugar in recipes. Finally it contains more nutrients including protein, vitamins and minerals so your recipes automatically become more nutritious. If you have not tried Tiger Nuts they are a fun chewy snack that you can mix in your nuts for variety.
Gluten Free Tiger Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups tiger nut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts
- Add sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla to a medium bowl and mix with electric mixer.
- Add in tigernut flour, cinnamon, sea salt and baking soda and blend till combined. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts. Chill dough in refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 3500F.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop onto lined cookie sheets and bake approximately 15 minutes until cookies are lightly browned on the edges. Leave on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to four days or in refrigerator for up to a week.