Healthy Provencal Green Beans
- Roasting pan
- Saute pan
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 5-10 cloves garlic
- 2 cups heirloom, grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large shallot
- 2 tbsp. olive oil divded
- 1 tbsp. Herbs de Provence
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large stockpot bring water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Place green beans in pot and stir often. After 4-6 minutes or till green beans are al dente, drain in colander and run cold water over beans and then place ice-cubes on top. Beans should be blanched and bright green.
- Line a roasting pan with tin foil and place garlic, shallots and tomatoes in pan. Coat with 1 tablespoon of oil and then toss with dry herbs, salt and pepper. Place in oven and occasionally turn mixture while roasting for 30- 40 minutes or until shallots and garlic are caramelized. Remove and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in heavy sauté pan over medium heat. Place blanched green beans in pan and mix in with tongs the roasted items. Turn often until heated thoroughly.
- Transfer to dish and server promptly.
- The green beans and roasting can occur a day ahead and heated up prior to serving.