Burnt Basque Pumpkin Ricotta Cheesecake
- Spring form baking pan
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 15 ounce can organic pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a 9-inch spring form pan with 2 layers of parchment paper, trimmed to create an overhanging amount of about 2 inches
- Beat cream cheese with the granulated sugar and sea salt on medium speed until smooth. Add the ricotta and beat another minute. Add eggs one at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition. Blend in the vanilla and heavy cream and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, flour and remaining spices. Combine both mixtures and blend on low till thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the batter and bake for 45-55 minutes till top becomes a dark amber color and looks burnt and center is jiggly. Let cool 10 minutes before unmolding or put in refrigerator after cooling and chill prior to serving.