Ricotta Zucchini Tart
- Cast iron skillet
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced in 1/4 inch medallions (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or grass-fed butter)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice zucchini in medallions and season with salt and pepper as desired. Spread out on a plate, and microwave 1-2 minutes till tender and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and mushrooms in in 1 tablespoon of olive oil or grass-fed butter over medium heat till tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, whipped egg, and parmesan cheese. Add in onion/mushroom mixture to combine.
- Lightly grease a small cast iron skillet or medium baking pan. In bottom of pan, place 2 layers of zucchini medallions, and then spoon ½ of ricotta/vegetable mixture over zucchini. Use one more layer of zucchini, then second ½ of mixture and sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes till slightly brown. Remove from oven and let set before serving. If made in a cast iron skillet, invert onto plate once it is set and enjoy!