You have problems sleeping, focusing on work, you’re tired and things don’t seem to be going in a positive direction.
Are you sick, overworked or just stressed from COVID?
Stress is a term we frequently hear in relation to many life challenges.
If untreated stress can impact your relationships, work life, vitality, health and your immunity. Given what is going on in the world helping your immune system is more important than ever.
What are some easy ways to lower stress and keep your immune system healthy and strong?
- Eat regular meals that contain protein to keep your blood sugars balanced. Eating high carb meals cause a spike in insulin (inflammation) with a resulting drop which keeps inflammation running in the body. High inflammation increases stress and lowers immunity.
- Keep sugar to a minimum. A high sugar diet lowers immunity and increases fatigue.
- Keep as active as you can – it will increase endorphins and REM sleep to help lower fatigue and increase vitality. Spending time in nature helps clear your mind and lowers anxiety – even a 10 minute walk can calm your system.
- Increase your omega 3 fats. The average American takes in only 100 mg. per day of DHA when at least 1000 mg. of DHA and EPA are needed. Consuming fish a few times a week and adding 1 tablespoon per day of ground flax seed will help with mood, and lowering inflammation in addition to lowering anxiety.
- Consider natural supplements such as inositol or ashwagandha to help during challenging times.
- Do at least 1 thing per day that makes you happy. Always doing what you have to do or need to do is a strain to your system. Doing things that make you happy brings up your countenance more than you realize which can lead to lowering stress in your immune system.
Start with 1 easy change and add as needed. One small change in lifestyle can lead to big changes to make stress a part of your history and not your life. Your immune system will stay strong…which can save you from much more than just stress.